20.09 km. 9 hours of which actual walking 4:34 h. Sunny, 32 degrees C Woke up before the alarm went at 6 am, prepared my coffee and packed while it cooled and then had a leisurely hour, reading the newspaper and having a look at what the camino had in store for me today. And for once I left into the dark at 7:45h. Wonderfully cool and no problem finding my way because of well lit streets. I was surprised how long it was before the sky was beginning to light up, well after 8 o’clock! Had my first pause after 2 hours, many stops consulting the map, actual walking only about 1:45 h. 15 min stop and here I am stopping again after only three quarters of an hour during which I had a long palaver with a man and another palaver with a woman who came struggling up the hill I was going down. She warned me about the steep climb I would have to face on the other side of the valley. Am now in Pontedeume - at sea level, sitting in a bar with a café con leche and una tónica,...
Comments
Post a Comment